For this schoolproject we made a fictional cookery book, every student was assigned a category of food, had to find a recipe and implement it as 1 page for the book. Together it would be the IMD Cookery Book
I was part of the 'soup' category. When doing some googling for recipes I stumbled upon watercress soup with a mexican/latin-american character.
Next I did some research on a matching visual style. This was probably the first time I used a program called PureRef to gather and organise reference images. Eventually I created what you can see in the picture. At the time it was one of the best illustrations I did so far and I'm still very proud of the complete project.